MICHAEL SCHELLE : PUBLICATIONS
1. THE PRINTED PAGE
- Film Music Book: THE SCORE (440 pages) published by Silman-James Press,
- Los Angeles, 2000. ISBN 1-879505-401
- Michael Schelle's extensive interview with A-List film composer Thomas Newman is published in THE HOLLYWOOD FILM MUSIC READER (Oxford University Press, Inc., 2010)
- Impulsive Inspiration: an extended essay published in the book, Where We Live - Indiana University Press ISBN 0-253-32801-2
- Restaurant Critic : Broad Ripple (Indianapolis) News, 1987 - 1997 Monthly restaurant reviews, including an annual April Fool review (imaginary restaurant)
2. ORIGINAL MUSIC
KEISER CLASSICAL, INC. (BMI) Phone:
203 560 9436
SCHELLEMUSIC, INC. (BMI) Phone: 317 205 9057
- Many recent scores (since 2007) published by SCHELLEMUSIC, INC.
3. DOCUMENTARY FILM
Written, produced and directed by Rene Guerrero and Dee Schore, Miasma Film Group (Dallas, TX)
- Extreme Orchestra !! Opening Night (2005), featuring the orchestral music of Michael Schelle, is an in-depth "behind the scenes" 55 minute documentary about the first subscription series concert of the 2005/2006 season of the Fort Smith (AR) Symphony : John Jeter, Music Director and Conductor
Premiere: 2006 Hot Springs (AR) Film Festival. Subsequent screenings at film festivals across the US.
4. RAVE REVIEWS
"TO ESCAPE CRITICISM : DO NOTHING, SAY NOTHING, BE NOTHING"
- Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
In the spirit of THE LEXICON OF MUSICAL INVECTIVE here is my personal favorite:
Schelle's Concerto for Two Pianos and Orchestra went on to receive a Pulitzer Prize nomination.
(personal photo from the EXOTIC FELINE RESCUE CENTER Indiana)